frequently asked questions regarding our audio rental and live disc jockey services
WHAT AREAS DO YOU SERVICE?
- Currently our service area is about a 100 miles outside of New Orleans, but we do make exceptions on occasion.
Some of the areas we service include: New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Hammond, Thibodeaux, Houma, Mandeville, Covington, Slidell, Metairie, Kenner, Denham Springs, Port Allen, New Iberia, Gulfport, Biloxi and more...
WHAT IF I AM NOT SURE WHAT TYPE OF EQUIPMENT I NEED?
- Contact us with the date, location, time frame, type of event, number of expected guests and we can help with the rest. If you are hiring a band we will need to know how many musicians are in the band and what type of instruments and microphones they use. If using a live band try and get a 'stage plot' from the band for us to reference.
HOW LONG IN ADVANCE SHOULD I CONFIRM MY RESERVATION?
- Depending on the time of year some months fill up very quickly. To guarantee your date reservations should be made as soon as a venue and date are selected. We generally have bookings for many months in advance.
DO YOU RENT VISUAL EQUIPMENT AND COMPUTERS?
- Currently we are only renting audio equipment. ie: public address systems, dj gear, subwoofers, microphones etc.
WHAT TYPES OF EVENTS DO YOU HANDLE?
- We handle most events that require professional audio equipment. Some of the events we handle (but not limited to) include: Weddings, Receptions, School Dances, Club Events, Church Functions, Family Reunions, Sweet 16's, School Fairs, Galas,
Private Parties, Conferences, Speeches, Parades, Tailgating, Long Term Leasing & more...
WHAT KIND OF PACKAGES DO YOU OFFER?
- Every event is different. Depending on the specifics of your event we will provide you with some options that will work well with the type of event you are having. Events with a lot of guests or large coverage area will need more sound than smaller events. It is always better to have too much sound as opposed to not enough. You can always turn it down; you can't always turn it up.
HAVE A DJ QUESTION?
- DJ FAQS
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
- We accept Cash, Check, Credit Card, Money Order & PayPal.
WHAT BRANDS DO YOU CARRY?
- We carry a number of different brands including Mackie, Dynacord, Shure, Sennheiser, Pioneer, Technic, BBE, Monster, Yamaha, Chauvet, Electro Voice and more...
IS YOUR EQUIPMENT POWERED OR PASSIVE?
- We carry both powered (active) and non powered (passive) speakers. Depending on the specifics of the job we will decide what will work the best for your event.
DO YOU RENT WIRELESS MICROPHONES?
- We offer wireless handheld, lapel (lavaliere), headsets and wireless guitar body packs. We only use professional quality wireless microphones by Shure and Sennheiser. We do not offer cheap wireless microphones and highly discourage their use.
AREN'T ALL WIRELESS SYSTEMS THE SAME?
- NO! Cheap wireless systems work very inconsistently and do not provide a clean transmission of your audio source. In addition to altering the source cheap systems often times receive interference as well as send loud pops and zaps through the speakers.
DO YOU OFFER DELIVERY, SET UP AND TEAR DOWN?
- Yes. Unless otherwise noted our quotes are given with delivery, set up and tear down included. Additional fees will be incurred if a technician or dj will be required.
IS THERE A DEPOSIT REQUIRED TO RENT GEAR?
- In order to lock in a date a reservation deposit is required. The reservation deposit is based on the amount of the total fee. If the customer is picking up and maintaining the gear a security deposit may also be required. In many cases where we deliver and pick up the gear no security deposit is required.
DO YOU HAVE TECHNICIANS THAT CAN OPERATE THE EQUIPMENT?
- We do offer technicians as available. Contact us to find out if your date is available. Additional feels are incurred when a technician is required.
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS FOR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS?
- Yes. We offer good standing organizations a 15% discount off the total amount of the rental (before sales tax).
WHAT IF THE EVENT GOES LONGER THAN SCHEDULED?
- In the event your event will be going longer than planned, please let us know as soon as possible. Depending on the amount of people needed and time of day a minimum of $100 per hour will be incurred.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO HOOK UP AN IPOD OR LAPTOP TO SPEAKERS?
- Yes. This is quite popular in fact. In addition to the sound system we will include a small mixer and adapter that will work with any 1/8 inch headphone jack (laptops, ipod, iphones, mp3 player, etc.).
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS FOR MULTIPLE / FRENQUENT RENTALS?
- Most of the time we will offer a discount for frequent use. Contact us for details.
WILL YOU PUT UP A SIGN OR ADVERTISEMENT AT MY EVENT?
- No! We do not put any signs or types of advertisement at your event other than some business cards near the gear. Your event is special and vendors should not be advertising themselves at it.
WHAT ARE YOUR TERMS AND POLICIES?
- Here is a copy of our complete terms and conditions.
Back to the Top ^